Wow, this is getting really intense, check this out:
C'mon people, vote!
2 months ago
Added under DPS and Mob Difficulty:
Added to the Guardian:
- Boss monsters in Moria are now immune to slows.
- Based on player feedback we've rearranged the level spacing between our four gradients of weapons, enabling our highest tier of weapons to gain a larger slice of the DPS pie.
Removed from the Guardian:
- The Guardian’s threat generation skills have been increased (Bash, Engage, Fray the Edge, Shield-blow, Improved Shield-blow, Shield-swipe, Shield-taunt, Sweeping Cut, Vexing Blow)
- Increased threat generation with Litany of Defiance.
- Guardian's Threat will no longer cause a 5 second delay where the Guardian cannot use skills or attack.
Added to the Minstrel:
- The Guardian has had a sweeping pass to the balance of his threat skills and shield damage skills.
- Base Shield Damage Increased 10% from 50-60
- Base Threat increased from 50-60
- Shield of Fire Trait gains additional bonus +1 Shield Taunt Targets
- Shield Damage Legacy progression change to have max at rank 9 be 21% on a level 60 Epic Belt and cost slightly less
- Litany of Defiance base targets increased to 5
- Litany Legendary Trait gains additional +5 Litany of Defiance targets
- Whirling Retaliation Skill gains a Numeric Threat Transfer ability
- Litany of Challenge Trait +2 Challenge Targets
- Litany of Challenge Trait Challenge generates additional Threat
- Evade 3 & Evade 4 Passives now available for Guardians
- Defender of the Free Trait Set: 3 Additional Bonus +2 Shield Taunt Targets
- Bug Fix for Shield of Fire which was only providing a 7.5% boost to threat previously
- Increased the threat generated by the shield response line of skills
- Threatening Presence now applies to all skills that generate threat. This includes melee attack skills that do not normally generate additional threat.
- Legacy Stagger Movement Speed Debuff now properly changes the Stagger skill tooltip when this legacy is active.
- Legacy Reactive Block Damage now displays the increase as a percent on the legacy tooltip.
- Legacy 'Targeted Melee Range' tooltip has been updated to reflect that this legacy does not affect AoE & Auto-attack.
- Stoic trait description now states that it also increases Acid and Lightning resists.
- Threat Rating Up' legacy has had its tooltip updated to state 'Skills Threat Rating Up' as this legacy does not benefit auto-attacks.
- Guardian's threat generation skills have been increased.
Added to the Captain:
- The Mentor Cooldown legacy has been removed from legendary class items.
Added to Traits/Titles/Deeds:
- Power Recovery from the Blade of Elendil/Improved Defensive Strike has been reduced. The Threat generated by Threatening Shout has been increased.
- Changed the tooltip on the Thrill-seeker's Gloves to read "-50% Search Speed." The previous tooltip indicated that the gloves would actually increase search speed, which was incorrect.
Added to User Interface:
- All quests that were ticking up the Ered Luin quest deed in the new tutorial have been fixed to no longer advance the deed.
- Trout Master can now be advanced while in a raid
- We have had a long discussion about genealogy with the Uruks and explained to them that they are orcs. After some roaring and a few lost heads they relented and Uruks will now count for killing Orc-Kind in the accomplishment "Soldiers of the Enemy"
Added to Chat/Social/Kinships
- Only usable legendary items will appear in the list of slottable items when slotting items from the Legendary Items panel.
- LI Titles will now appear correctly on your weapons.
- Additional fixes to Quest Guide markers for Epic Volumes I and II.
- More UIs can be skinned, and several fixes have been made.
Added to General Raids and Instances
- Item chat links for Item Advancement items will now display the item's original name, not the custom name on it. The tooltip for the item link will still contain the player-chosen name however. This will prevent some of the more… “creative” names being linked on the chat channels (we saw you, owner of [Biggus Stickus]!
Added to Dark Delvings
- We have made all instance Boss monsters immune to slowing effects.
Added to Tailoring
- The monsters have learned and they now come prepared!
Added to the Metalsmith
- New Supreme Burglar's signal recipes can now be found in treasure.
Added to Woodworking:
- Reward recipes for Warden shields have been added to the Metalsmith's Guild reward vendor.
Added to Items
- The Woodworker's Guild Reward Vendor now sells the recipe for Crafted Burglar's Club of the Third Age.
Added to Graphics/Animation/FX
- Strong traps will now be affected properly by root curing potions and diminishing returns in PvMP. The Reaver's Charge skills will also now block the root from the trap correctly.
Added to the Epic Story
- Dwarf neck on robe was mapped incorrectly. This has been fixed.
- Fixed the interaction between emotes /Smoke1 and /Liedown. Because smoking is bad. Especially in bed.
- Volume I Book 15 Chapter 12 - a quest ring will now appear above the NPC that will teleport you out of the instance.
*Floon* Thank Bog
*Floon* Growing older and older...
*Rowan* Talking about your LM pet again Floon?
*Sapience* it was cold and dark, and lonely...
*Floon* Praise FSM. Howdy, I'm Floon, Art Director for Lotro. I am currently wondering how the Venezuela-USA game is going.
*Floon* I can answer questions about art.
*Floon* So have some, please.
*Amlug* Sorry everyone for the delay... thanks for your patience. I'm Amlug, an instance designer for LOTRO and I too miss baseball and I like chips!
*Sapience* I'm Sapience. Remember, Patience is not Sapience and Sapience is not Patience. Oh yeah, and I'm a guy! :)
*Rowan* Hello everyone! I'm Rowan, the Sleepy. I'm the Live Producer for LOTRO. Book 7 is almost done and in your hands, and I am very, very glad.
*Jalessa* Hi all, Jalessa here. I'm watching Floon's hair turn grey by the second. And I'd like to upgrade my request for a beer to a rum and coke.
*Rowan* I'm not sure if Sapience is actually a guy. Except for the beard.
*Floon* Venezuela up 4-1
*Rowan* You're a dwarf, right Sapience? I'm not one so I can't tell the difference.
*Sapience* Tallest Dwarf around!
*Sapience* While you guys are sending in your questions to the Stratics team, we wanted to try something different to help get the ball rolling.
*Sapience* We asked players who might not be able to attend tonight to submit questions ahead of time. We had a lot that touched on the same subjects, so we thought we’d start with those.
*Sapience* So we'll start with Jalessa
*Jalessa* (Barruktp) In the Bullroarer patch notes, you stated that it is becoming increasingly difficult to design new content with IHW at 100%. Could you please expand on this? Do you believe there is an place in game for a 100% damage bubble? Will you be giving captains additional group survivability tools to compensate for this significant loss?
*Jalessa* There were cases where the In Harms Way skill was being used with other skills that trivialized or completely negated content in the game. Our content team did not have any reasonable way to address this - doing so on their end would have meant a severe reduction in the amount of content they could produce over time, due to having to compensate for every 'scenario' that would occur. We chose instead to address In Harms Way, which we believe to be the ro
*Jalessa* root cause of concern with this particular issue of trivializing game content. We do not believe there is a place in the game for a 100% fellowship wide damage bubble at this time, so we changed the skill. Making the skill have a 50% damage reduction still means that the skill on its own could be useful, since Captains (via various banners) tend to have a lot of morale. Spreading out the damage for their entire party becomes a preventative tool vs. a
*Jalessa* panic button, but it also means the skill can be used without pairing it with another. As always, we will be evaluating the change over the course of book 7, and we will be monitoring your feedback in case we need to make changes.
*Amlug* Mafia: Any chances that 2nd Age weapons could go into a barter system like Khuzdul Tablets and Rusted Dwarf Tools? Getting Captain's Daggers of the 1st Age from The Watcher and a Champ Dagger of the 2nd Age after a week of grinding is not fun!
*Zephenia* Please send your questions to [QT]Alton or [QT]LairSpirit
*Amlug* We understand your pain. This is why we are working on a token system for first age weapon drops inside raids. We want you to have a more reliable way to get some of the weapons out there so we have come up with a system to do just that. It is still going through the grinder and will be coming soon to a raid near you...
i'm guessing we send messages to you, I may be wrong lol, anyway if you are the one who takes questions, are there any plans to expand the mount function in lotro in the future? Maybe armor for horses or mounted combat?
i'm guessing we send messages to you, I may be wrong lol, anyway if you are the one who takes questions, are there any plans to expand the mount function in lotro in the future? Maybe armor for horses or mounted combat? Yes, we have plans for mounts. They aren't quick plans, because a lot of things need to come together. We're working on improvements to the existing system, but have no ETA. The distant future has significant updates being
Are 1st Age weapons going to be available anywhere besides the Watcher in book 7?
*Amlug* The new raid will have a chance to drop first age weapons as well. Once the new barter system comes online, both of these raids will utilize the system.
What was the initiative behind making Book 7 less about combat and more lore-based? I can understand because of the setting, but were there any other reasons behind it?
*Amlug* Lothlorien presented us with a challenge since the Galadhrim are very protective of their borders and not much that is evil is allowed inside of their borders. Because of this, we leaned heavily on the lore and relied on adding more content to Moria and to the edges of Lothlorien for combat-based gameplay.
Are we gonna get any new uses for the crafting mats we can collect with the new craftinstances that we get in book 7?
*Sapience* Jalessa is typing madly
*Jalessa* Book 7 introduces tons of reputation recipes for crafters with Lorien. There are also a slew of new recipes outside of Lorien: resist foods, tactical jewelry, runekeeper and warden class items. There are also plans to continue to add more into crafting through Book 8+. Keep tuned in :)
Are there any plans for new housing items? I would kill for a Hobbit doll.
*Floon* We do new housing items every update. Hobbit dolls sound cool. Killing for one should, of course, be completely mandatory.
will you consider lowering the legth of locks currently on the lair raids as it take about 40 - 60 mins a week to complete?
*Amlug* As we release new raids, we will be definitely looking into lowering the resets on previous raids. No guarantees, but it is something we will look at during Book 8 development.
Is the fact that IHW no longer prevents inductions from being interrupted an intended change?
*Jalessa* Due to the fact that In Harms Way no longer blocks 100% of the damage, you are susceptible to interrupts from damage taken.
I realize I might not be asking popular questions, but one area I've always felt this game excels is the music. Not the music system (which is great in of itself), but the composed score for the game. Having not gotten to totally explore Lorien yet, will there be any new music for the area, and are there plans to expand the score in the future?
*Floon* Yes, there's new music in Lorien, and even a new music box.
*Floon* We always try to do new music for new regions.
I love the idea of the quest guide and it looks like it was done in a superior way! What made Turbine to go this route?
*Rowan* Quest Guide is a response to player requests! We realized that players enjoy their gameplay in many different ways, and we want to be sure to support those approaches to having fun. It was a lot of work but we feel it's worth it... the feature is currently in Beta so please check it out.
Hi, this is Mike with Under the Banner blog. Many of us in the LotRO blog community have been trying to put our heads together on a way to help promote the lotro community. One question I have is the plans or availability of more tools for fansites and blogers to use as related to the lorebook.
*Sapience* We always want to hear from our fansites and we'd love to hear any suggestions you have. You can always drop us a note or PM myself or anyone on the community team with your ideas. I can't give you any specifics or time frame for Lorebook features but I can say our webteam is constantly looking at ways to improve all our websites and features.
Are there plans to expand the number of different instruments craftable in the future, ie possibly new crafted clarinets, bagpipes, cowbell?
*Floon* Instruments are a very big deal to add: new animations, new music sound assets, and then all the game logic to make them work. There are no plans in the near term, but the middle- to long-term, who knows?
*Zephenia* <[PM]Renali> I fully understand why the need to scale back DPS was implimented. However, do you think it went a little too far in some cases? With my own personal testing, my Hunter has dropped a solid 35-40% in overall DPS, before today's update to Bullroarer. (I haven't been able to test it much today to see anything changed) And this is with the same gear/traits as I had on the live servers.
*Jalessa* We also scaled down monster hits and resistances to compensate for the change in weapon DPS. In the case of the Hunter though, you also went through additional skill changes, which may reflect the other changes you are seeing in your overall DPS changes. We're still evaluating the data on these changes however, so please keep feedbacking on on the changes.
What were the reasons that made you change The Watcher fight for Book 7?
*Amlug* The watcher heard that you guys wanted a challenge! Seriously though, we saw a handful of bugs and exploits that we wanted to address and fix during Book 7.
Can LI's no longer be deconstructed if they are not a part of your class in Book 7? I noticed I wasn't able to do it on Bullroarer, but didn't see anything about it in the patch notes.
*Jalessa* I'm not sure that this is correct behavior. Please /bug this on Bullroarer if you can reproduce it.
are there any plans for more video dev diaries in the future? (like the ones currently available on the website, and are they the same ones that are on the SoA Special Edition)
*Rowan* We will continue to deliver video dev diaries - I was actually going through some video footage for Book 7 today!
Any plans on updating housing? I noticed much hasn't been done to it since it was introduced.
*Floon* Housing is a big deal for quite a few folks on the forums. It's a big system, and takes a lot of work from every department: world, content, game systems, production art, tech art, everyone. Expansive changes to the system itself are difficult to add to the live product. However, incremental improvements are always being considered. I'd like to add more hooks, and we're looking into the server impact on that. But changes here are slow, because the impact
Will we ever be able to sync our dances?
*Floon* Unfortunately no. It seems like it should be easy, but the synch model between client and server doesn't make it so.
*Floon* I guess my housing answer got cut off.
*Floon* the rest was "on the servers can be large. Other things, like eviction for dead neighborhoods, have been talked about, but there is nothing concrete in the works right now."
I'm a little confused about what will happen to an alt I'm currently leveling when Book 7 goes live. Will she automatically gain levels to get on track with the new XP curve, or go down to the right amount of XP for her current level?
*Jalessa* When you log into your character, the first time you gain experience (whether it's with a quest complete or with a monster kill), you will be granted experience and directed into the new curve. That may mean that you level (once or twice! even).
*Jalessa* Personally, I can't wait. It will be an alt-ding day for me
When does the beer get here?
*Floon* Not soon enough
*Sapience* When Scrop does :)
*Sapience* Scorp...see? No typing skills
*Amlug* Thanks guys and gals! See you all again next time!
*Floon* Yeah, been fun.
*Sapience* Thanks for coming everyone! Sorry about the delay. I blame the beer truck!
*Jalessa* Thanks for coming folks - I'm sorry that it started so late!
*Floon* I blame the economy
*Floon* peace, all
*Zephenia* Thank you all for coming. Log of this chat will be posted later this evening.
OOC Hey, somebody help. I am new and my quest arrow says that whatever they want me to do, is this way, but there is a mountain in front of me that I can't climb.
ADVICE You have to go around the mountain. The mob is on the other side, in a cave. Also, you may get more help if you ask in /advice instead of OOC
10 minutes later...
OOC I went around the mountain, but I don't see whatever the named thing I am looking for. My quest arrow is still pointing at the mountain.
ADVICE See that little glowy thing on the side of the mountain, you have to go in there to kill what you are looking for. Also, there are a lot of friendly people on the /advice channel that you could ask.
OOC Ok, thx.
5 minutes later.
OOC Hey, why did you let me go in there. The goblin was 4 levels higher than me, and said something about signature. Wtf that means.
/ADVICE What level are you and the what level is the quest?
/OOC I am level 9. How do I tell what level the quest is?
/ADVICE The name of the quest had a color to it. That ranks what it relates to your level. Also you can look in your quest-log
/OOC What color, I just hit accept, and this arrow popped up showing me where to go. How do I see my quest-log?
/ADVICE Hit you L button and it will pop up.
/OOC Ok, I see now. it is level 14, and I am 9. That is dumb. Why would they give me a quest 5 levels higher than me. I am just going to go after one of my other arrows.
2 minutes pass.
OOC Ok guys, I have an arrow on my map that says Bree, but I don't have a quest to kill a Bree.